Carson and Avery are starting mother's day out in just a couple of weeks, so I decided to dust the cobwebs off my sewing machine (that I haven't used since I fisnished my quilt) and make them some napmats.
I found these waterproof mats at Target that were the perfect size.
And after a LOT of cutting, pinning, and sewing....
here is the final result!!
I was so excited with how they turned out!
I've seen some napmats with attached pillows, but my kids don't really sleep with a pillow yet so I decided not to add the extra work :) The mat is thicker at the top end, so I guess that is supposed to be like a pillow.
The top blanket is attached and just pulls back for them to cover up with.
It rolls up nicely for transport.
I made the back with an open flap (kinda like on a pillow sham) so that I can take the mat out to wash the cover.
Avery loves hers!! Carson wouldn't even lay on his long enough for me to take a picture, which doesn't make me too hopeful that he is going to actually take a nap of this thing!