Monday, August 29, 2011

Fun Getaway!!


Last week I tagged along with Shane on his work trip to New York City. It was so much fun, and a much needed little vacation for me!
We stayed at the Waldorf-Astoria. It was so nice!
Friday morning I got up early and went over to the Today Show. I love the Today show, and was so excited to go see it!
The Today Show was having one of their "summer concerts in the plaza." Train was playing, it was packed!
I was standing in the street behind a fence thing, so this is all I got to see of the concert, but it was still fun to see it all! 
I walked over to Central Park one day and sat in the park and read, it was so fun!
I am always so amazed by this beautiful park sitting right in the middle of this huge city!
So pretty!
While Shane was working, I did a lot of walking around, a little shopping, and a lot of dessert eating! Yes, I ate chocolate like I'm pregnant (which I'm not :) I really enjoyed myself!!
I went to Serendipity for a frozen hot chocolate, so good!!
And went to a place we saw on the food network called Max Brenner for Chocolate pizza, it was amazing!!
Friday night Shane and I went to see Jersey Boys, it was fantastic!! Such a great show!!
After the show we went back to Max Brenner for yes, some more dessert :) We got the fondue and it was so good!!
Then we headed over to Central Park for a 1:00am carriage ride through the park. Shane and I got engaged here, so the carriage ride is alway so special to us! It was such a perfect time to take the carriage ride, we were the only ones out there, so peaceful! With hurricane Irene on it's way into town, we had to pack as much as we could into just a couple of nights.
And then we passed the LOVE sign on our walk back to our hotel that night, so perfect!!
I was supposed to come home Sunday night, but hurricane Irene changed all of that. It was the craziest thing I've ever seen, this big city basically shutting down. Shane was able to get us on a flight out Saturday morning. There was so much hype, and everything was closing that we just decided to go ahead and come home. We were on one of the last flights out of La Guardia before the place closed, it was crazy, I've never seen so many cancelled flights on one screen!
Despite the hurricane, we had a great time. Shane had to work a lot, but we had a couple of fun date nights, and it was so nice to just be away for a while!

1 comment:

  1. So glad you had fun! I love Serendipity! You definitely deserved a fun getaway.

    ReplyDelete