Thursday, February 24, 2011

17 months

Carson and Avery will be 17 months next week. I never posted anything about 16 months, so here is 16 and 17 months...
At 17 months Carson and Avery are:
-talking so much. So many new words everyday. Some of the latest are: snack, cracker, outside, sit down, bubbles, bite, off. Carson has started saying up and help (he says, "upa" and "helpa") instead at whining at mommy when he wants to be held or needs help with something. Avery's new favorite word is stuck. Just about everything is "stuck." When she wants out of her carseat or stroller, when she can't get a toy to turn on, or when she actually is stuck.
-doing so great with saying please and thank you. They often say it without prompting now.
-love to give high fives
-doing really well feeding themselves with a spoon, escpecially Avery. She needs everything to be in a bowl with a spoon now.
-doing their fair share of fit throwing and fighting. Makes mommy sad. But I guess that's what toddlers do.

Carson is just my busy boy!!
He plays hard and sleeps hard.
He is such a great sleeper, probably because he burns some serious calories.
He still runs everywhere, climbs on everything and can get things that I thought for sure I had put out of his reach.
But he is still my sweet, sweet boy. He gives me the sweetest hugs. When I sit on the floor with them he'll come over and lay his head on my back and wrap his arms around me. I love it when he does that. Melts my heart!
He pulled this hot pad out of the drawer and put it on his hand while saying, "hot, hot."
Then he walked over to the oven and tried to open the door. It's amazing how much they learn just watching us.
And the climbing, it sure does wear me out!
He likes to climb up onto this window seat and play with the picture frames. He can actually name most of the people in the pictures.
He told himself to "sit down" It was really cute, guess he is listening when I say that.
Oh Avery. Sweet, sassy Avery!
She has been strong-willed since day one, but strong-willed has a whole new meaning when they become toddlers. We've been learning a lot about discipline lately. We've all been learning! Disciplining is hard, emotionally draining, and something I just was not ready for. I think I need a good book on the ways to discipline, so let me know if anyone has any suggestions.
Anyway, back to my sweet girl.
She sure does make me laugh. She knows exactly what she wants, but is still learning how to communicate that to us. Which can be very frustrating for her sometimes.
She loves to pick up and carry around the most random things, mascara, the cap to my seam ripper, chapstick, the list goes on and on. I love to watch her little creative imagination. Here she is with two gift bags that she filled up with stuff and carried around all morning.
And she is still such a little mother. She gives Carson his paci and blanket when he is crying. She likes to pretend to give Carson medicine and last week she started giving her babies medicine. Future nurse?? We'll see!!
"Daddy, if I pretend to be one of the dogs, can I go hunting with you?" Oh those lips, I just want to kiss them!!

They keep me busy, but I wouldn't trade these days for anything. They are just growing up way too fast!!

1 comment:

  1. They are getting too big...but still such sweet babies. Carson, you & Tuck need to get together...maybe you could wear each other out;).

    Discipline...yuck. It is SO hard. And it's a constantly changing thing. Always having to refigure out what's going to teach them best. AND, the feeling of disappointment when it doesn't go the way you want. BUT, they do listen, & will get it eventually. Consistency works & wears you out:)!! I haven't read it yet, but I've heard Bringing up Girls, by James Dobson is good. On Becoming Toddlerwise is good with disciplining toddlers too.

    Okay...this comment was WAY TOO LONG. Sorry. I'll leave you alone now;)...bye!

    ReplyDelete