Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Baby Brother

The count down has begun, only 5 more days until baby brother's arrival! I am finally feeling prepared for this little boy (well almost).

I have had a couple of very sweet baby showers to celebrate baby brother. 
My friends from work had a dinner/shower for my friend Amy and me a few weeks ago at Gloria's (though I didn't get any pictures). Amy is due a few weeks after me with a baby boy too. It was such a fun night sitting and visiting with these sweet girls I've worked with and done Bible study with for so many years now. Such a blessing!

This past Saturday my friends Brooke and Jenni threw a "bare necessitates" shower for me. It was such a fun morning and I am so thankful so have such great friends and family to help celebrate this new baby.
Me, Jenni, and Brooke. Love these girls!
38 weeks
My mom and mother in law Diane
Me and my mom
Avery was so excited she got to come to baby brother's shower.
She was even more excited about helping me open the gifts.
Baby brother got some really cute things, and a lot of the "bare necessities" we were needing. We are officially stocked up on diapers and wipes. What a huge blessing!!
Nesting is in high gear at my house and I finally feel like I have things organized and put away. The nursery is finally done (after the hours and hours of sewing my mom and I did a couple of weekends ago).

I made this book sling to hang over his bed, I think it turned out pretty cute.
I also made this flag banner to hang in the room. I wasn't sure if I totally loved it, but it's growing on me.


It feels so great to finally be done with his room. Now if I can just stay pregnant these next 5 days, I may just get everything on my checklist complete :)

2 comments:

  1. Love the nursery! Didn't know you had sewing skills:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kelly, it's so cute! I love the book sling, clever idea! BTW...I hear "baby brother" has arrived. CONGRATULATIONS!

    ReplyDelete