Thursday, July 8, 2010

9 months continued

Avery and Carson had their 9 month Dr. appointment today.
Avery weighed 17lbs 10oz (25%) and was 27.5in. (50%)
Carson weighed 19lbs 15oz (50%) and was 28in. (50%) (though I don't think the length measurements were totally accurate because Carson looks way more than half an inch longer than Avery)
I can't belived Avery kept the bow on as long as she did. She has started pulling off anything I try to put on her head.
A couple of things I forgot to mention in the first 9 month post:
Carson and Avery have started to bounce up and down when we sing to them.
They are both eating 3 meals a day in their high chairs. They love to feed themselves but still eat baby food too. They are both eating 5 bottles a day and are still in size 3 diapers. Both are wearing 6-12month clothes (although yesterday I put a pair of 0-3month pants on Avery which have turned into capri pants for her).
Avery still only has her two bottom teeth and Carson's first bottom tooth just popped through.
Speaking of teeth, Avery bit Carson a couple of weeks ago. Carson was standing next to her while she was chewing on a toy and she turned her head and her mouth landed on his arm and she just bit down. It was not a mean bite, I don't even think she realized she was doing it, but he did cry and there were teeth marks left behind. I'm sure it won't be the last time.
They have also started throwing little fits when I take things away from them. Avery more so than Carson. Carson will just let out a cry of protest, whereas Avery has a full out screaming, arching, throwing her head back, fit. It just seems way to early for that to be starting.

Avery has started giving kisses. It is so sweet. I say, "give me kisses" and she will grab my face and give me a big open mouthed kiss. I was reading her the "Faces" book on the plane and everytime I would turn the page she would lean down and kiss the face of the baby on the page. It was precious. She also kisses the top of Carson's head. Such a sweet girl!!
As I said in the last post, Carson has become a little climber. He tries to climb up your side when you are holding him and he recently started climbing on his toys. Makes me so nervous. And he still tries to climb on the fireplace every chance he gets.
We met some friends at Chick-Fil-A a couple of weeks ago for lunch and Carson and Avery had their first trip to the indoor playground. They of course went straight for the slide.
Happy 9 months Carson and Avery!!

1 comment:

  1. Biting, kissing, eating, climbing, fits...ahhhh...the joys of parenthood! Don't you just love it?! Can't believe they are growing up SO fast. Enjoy...enjoy! Happy 9 month birthday to precious Carson and Avery!

    ReplyDelete