Thursday, August 20, 2009

Here we go...


I have been thinking about starting a blog since I found out I was pregnant, and here I am at 31 weeks and I'm just now getting to it. Oh well, better late than never!


For those who don't know our story, Shane and I have been trying to have a baby for sometime now. After about a year and a half of trying and one heartbreaking miscarriage, we have finally been blessed with a healthy pregnancy. We found out on March 10th that it's twins. That was such a special day because March 10th was the due date of the baby I miscarried last summer.... isn't our God awesome!! We feel so blessed to have the opportunity to be parents to these little babies! We will be welcoming our little girl Avery Elizabeth and our little boy Carson Alan on October 6th.... if they decide to stay in that long. We have a scheduled c-section for 38 weeks, so we'll see if we make it that far! We had already kinda decided to have a c-section, but about two weeks ago Avery (who is baby A) flipped over and is now sitting breech. So she kinda made the c-section a definite... my dr said she most likely won't flip back at this point because there isn't enough room. I am going to the Dr. every week now. This week, Avery weighed 3lbs 7oz and Carson weighed 3lbs 13oz. They are getting so big. It's crazy that I have over 7 pounds of baby in me and I still have another 7 weeks to go! I've been feeling pretty good so far. My feet hurt more and more and I haven't slept through the night since about 23 weeks, but really I haven't been too uncomfortable. I'm sure it's coming though!!

I will post some sono pictures as soon as I figure out how. I know it's probably a simple thing to do, but it took me almost two hours to figure out how to put a custom backgound on my blog.... I'm not very good at this kind of stuff, but I'm learning!!!


4 comments:

  1. Yea! So happy you decided to blog, and we are so excited for you guys. I know you'll be great parents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yea! welcome to the blog world! can't wait to see you this weekend

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited, and the blog looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at you girl! Just starting & comments like crazy:). Makes it happy! I'm so excited that you're a blogger now, so that way I can leave you comments all by myself without the help of my mom! Ha! I'll be praying extra hard for you all as you await those precious babies. Can't wait to meet them! And, once this boy of mine makes his grand entrance, I may be coming to you for boy advice...I hear they're different! Eek...

    ReplyDelete